Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bored

I heard a song by Taylor Swift today called "Fifteen," which was about how naive and scared, yet excited you are when you are fifteen. I totally related. Well, she was talking about boys, which were so not in my life at 15...I was one of those lame girls who didn't get her first kiss until she was almost 17. It's so true though, when I was fifteen I thought I had everything figured out. I knew what I wanted to be (a veterinaria - HA!) and I was so sure of myself. And I had marroon hair. Good times.

I think there's a certain reassurance that comes when you get older and realize that you actually don't have ANYTHING figured out...but no one expects you to. Because no one else knows that much about life either! I really want to go back to my guidance counselor and tell her to STOP telling highschoolers they need to figure out what they want to do with their lives. They don't. Besides, they'll be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment